Wednesday, February 13, 2008

windows mobile 5 alarms and reminders

(or How I learned to stop worrying and love the buzzing sound)

 

Before I had a pocketpc, every now and again I watched with some evil delight the devices of friends buzzing ad eternum with some sort of operating system error, related to alarms.

Since November, I became a bit more worried because I now had one of those devices. Three months went by without a single problem relating to those pesky alarms but yesterday it finally struck me:

The alarm notification didn't show up (aka. I can't shut the f***** thing up) and the task/calendar reminders don't work at all. I tried every trick in the book (rebuilding the notification queue, erasing some suspicious items from that same queue, setting the date back and forth) but to no avail.

Then, as the thoughts of hard resets swept through my mind, I found this gem of a post in the pocketnow.com forums...

... and it worked.

So there you have it, for future reference and to help anyone with the same problem.

kaplansa, my ears salute you.

1 comment:

Sangrail said...

For the love of little green apples - please tell me the secret!

I've got the same problem, tried the same things, but the link to your solution is broken...

Help?